The next few weeks will be about transition in my life. Moving in, whether it be back to school or into a new apartment. Although its cliche', a transition in life means that a new wardrobe update is always 1) a refreshing theme to go with the change in environment 2) a confidence booster 3) if you're like me, you'll find ANY excuse to spend a buck or two on new clothing. For the guys in fraternities, or who are apart of a college start-up, or a valedictorian, have different needs than a man moving in the corporate ladder.
With that being said, what does an 18-22 year old need in the coming weeks?
1. A blazer that goes with pretty much anything
Best Affordable Stores: Frank & Oak, Banana Republic, H&M, Combatant Gentleman
2. A pullover for the gym and Netflix nights
Best Affordable Brands: rue21, J.Crew
3. A corporate-level suit for networking events and career fairs (because you don't want to be the guy wearing a blazer and khakis in a room full of custom suits when a job is on the line)
Topman, H&M, Lewis & Harris (custom-made)
4. A 'fun' shirt for the weekends
Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Pacsun
5. The best fitting jeans you've worn in your life
Best Affordable Brands: Forever21, Boohoo, J.Crew
DJ Hargrave is a menswear blogger and founder of Tailor Made Style. HIs goal is to empower others to become the strongest version of themselves through their style and helping them be informed by what's going on in the menswear world. You can find him on Instagram and Snapchat @tailormadedj